The end of summer brings a more regular routine, kids going back to school, the start of a fresh semester, and the opportunity to connect with new friends at new activities. That’s why we’re offering a flexible online Bible study about friendship. This time of year we all need a little encouragement to find the courage to connect as we encounter new women at church, at school, and in everyday life.
Starting August 3, we’re offering We Saved You a Seat by Lisa-Jo Baker as an online Bible study. And for the first time, we are opening this online study to TEEN GIRLS as well! Join in on your own, as a group of women, a group of teen girls, a woman mentoring the special teen in your life, or a woman leading a group of teen girls! Whatever model works best for you. All you need is the right Bible study book and you’ll get to watch the entire video teaching free of charge*!
- The We Saved You A Seat online Bible study will be seven weeks long.
- We’ll begin studying on August 3 and will post a new video session here on the blog each Thursday morning at 5am CT (barring any technical difficulties).
- If you are a woman, order this Bible study book.
- If you are a teen girl, order this Bible study book.
About the study:
This study explains 7 practical ways to find and keep lasting friendships. Lisa-Jo and friends from (in)courage explore our relationship with Jesus as the ultimate model for authentic friendship. Friendship can be hard, making new friends even harder, and maintaining genuine friendship the hardest of all. But nothing shapes us like the impact of a friend—it’s how Jesus radically and intimately connects with us. So instead of chasing perfection, overcome your fear of being known and find the courage to connect.
- Go to your email and add “email@example.com” to your contacts. This way, our emails are less likely to go to your spam folder.
- Fill out the form below (just your email address!) to sign up. You will receive a welcome email, and weekly emails will begin August 3. The emails are simply reminders to come back here to the blog to watch the video and participate in the comments.
- You’ll need to grab a copy of the We Saved You a Seat Bible study book for WOMEN or TEEN GIRLS.
Our hope for the online Bible studies is not that they’ll replace community in real life. Grab a friend or two or ten and do this study together, using the online videos as a fun addition to your study! If you are studying alone, that’s okay! We are so glad you’re here and hope you find friends and fellowship as we learn together.
Have more questions? Check out our Online Bible Study FAQs.
*A note about the videos: For We Saved You a Seat, we will be offering the entire Bible study videos online for free for a limited time. Videos will remain up until October 1, 2017, allowing some breathing room for those who join in late or miss a couple of weeks. After that time you can purchase or rent the video sessions here.