Our Advent Bible Study has officially started! Click here for Session 1!
For most of us, colder weather has officially made itself a regular part of the weekly forecast and the cozy sweaters, hats, and boots have been pulled out of storage. (In fact, we hope you’re reading this with a cup of hot cocoa and your softest blanket handy!) Even if you’re still enjoying warmer days, we can all agree that these last two months of the year tend to FLY BY. The holiday season is nearly always a busy one, and it can be easy to get lost in the parties, people, food, and bustle that fill the days ahead. So how do we approach these coming weeks with intention?
That’s one of the things we love most about Advent—that it resets our focus and helps us intentionally slow down and remember the gravity of Christ’s birth. Last year, we celebrated Advent together as a community with a reading plan, and we loved diving into Scripture with you as we approached Christmas. This year, we’re inviting you to join us again, but we’ll be diving into our new study, Advent:The Weary World Rejoices!
Over 5 weeks, we’ll grow our understanding of the anticipation and waiting the Old Testament world endured, the joy and new life signaled by the coming of Christ, and the way Advent points to the glory of God still to come. Learn more about the study or read a sample here.
So how will this work?
- Each Friday starting November 29th, we’ll send you an email with a short video and some fun downloads/printables to help you study Advent along with us. 🙂
- Our study of Advent will be 5 weeks long, starting November 29th and ending December 27th. You’ll get to watch the bonus video content for free for a limited time!**
- We’ll post a new video session here on Fridays at 5 a.m. CT (barring any technical difficulties). You can plan for the videos to be 10-20 minutes long.
- For the first week, you’ll watch the video on November 29th first, and then complete the Week One material in the study book before we meet again!
- You’ll need to grab a copy of the Advent Bible study book. Friends outside the U.S., check out this list of online retailers around the world.)
- Go to your email and add “email@example.com” to your contacts. This way, our emails are less likely to go to your spam folder.
Our goal is not to add more to an already busy season, but for us to step back and soak in all that Christ’s coming means for us this season and every day.
Ready to join? Sign up with your email below!
What other ways are you planning on celebrating the holiday season with your family and friends? We’d love to hear about your ideas in the comments section!
**A note about the videos: For Advent, we will be offering the bonus videos online for free for a limited time. Videos will remain up until January 15, 2020, allowing some breathing room for those who join in late or miss a couple of weeks.