It’s one of the best times of the year! Fall is here with its crisp morning air, changing leaves, fall festivals, and pumpkin spice in ALL THE THINGS. It’s pretty much impossible not to love fall. To help you get the most out of this amazing season, we’ve put together a list of fun activities you can do with your spouse, family, or friends!
Creative Date Nights
- Enjoy the cooler temperatures and go to an outdoor concert or drive-in movie. Just hit up Google to find a drive-in movie theater or concert venue near you!
- Plan a weekend getaway to see the fall leaves. View this interactive fall foliage map and plan your perfect trip!
- If you live somewhere with a mild climate, fall is the perfect time for kayaking down a river or on a lake. Check with your area state parks to find out where you can rent kayaks or canoes.
- Take a purposeful prayer walk with your spouse in the early morning hours or as the sun is setting. Talk about ways to specifically pray for your community before you set out.
- Find a new (or new to you) local coffee shop and try their fall inspired drinks. Or, you could even be bold and work together to recreate your favorite latte at home!
Creative Activities to Do With Kids in Tow
- Visit an apple orchard and pick your own apples. Then spend the afternoon making apple pies together!
- Go to a local fall festival and enjoy the yummy cold weather foods, outdoor games, local artisan booths, and bonfires.
- Go on a fall scavenger hunt or hike! Include things like colored leaves, acorns, pine cones, and animal tracks on your list.
- Take a trip to a farm or petting zoo. Many local farms include hayrides and pumpkin picking during fall as well.
- Build an indoor fort and watch a movie together as a family. Make a night of it and pop some popcorn or pile high bowls with ice cream!
- Roast marshmallows over a bonfire or fire pit and make s’mores.
Creative Fall Nights With Your Friends or Small Group
- Get the girls together for a craft night! Make harvest wreaths, mini fabric pumpkins, or recreate one of LifeWay Women’s HomeLife Scripture Art prints in your own painting.
- Rake leaves together for someone in your church who is unable to care for their yard on their own.
- Have a pumpkin carving party! Select a theme or let everyone come up with their best pumpkin carving designs.
- Make fall-scented candles together. Some stores offer customers the chance to make their own candles, but if you’re feeling up for the challenge, check Pinterest for some great at home candle-making tips.
- Get your friends together for a chili cook-off! Plan it right and you could even watch a football game while you enjoy the winning bowl.
What are some fun things you do during the cooler weather? Share your ideas below!