As much as we love chunky sweaters, cozy snow days, and a good cup of hot cocoa, we’re looking forward to spring coming soon. Not only does this upcoming season mean sunny days and spring wardrobes but—you guessed it—spring also means the start of our next online Bible study! We’ll study Jen Schmidt’s Just Open the Door Bible study for 7 weeks, starting on Thursday, March 7.
As we study Just Open the Door with Jen Schmidt, we’ll look to Jesus as our model for hospitality. We’ll discover how He lived a life full of interruptions, yet always welcomed people and invited them to follow Him. Our hope is that, as we study together, we’ll learn to replace cultural expectations with biblical hospitality to create a legacy of invitation and reflect Jesus through simple acts of service. To learn more about this study, watch the video below or click here.
So how will this work?
We’ll study together on our new online Bible study website: onlinestudy.smallgroup.com. And don’t worry—LifeWay Women will still be hosting, answering your questions, and studying alongside you. This will be our third online Bible study on the new website, so we’ve continued to make improvements along the way to make this the best experience possible!
Here is the main difference with our new site: you’ll need to log in.* We know passwords are not fun, but we have good reasons! Because you’ll be logging in, you’ll have the ability to track your personal progress as you study and see which sessions you’ve watched! And, you’ll be the first one to know about future online Bible studies. 🙂
*If you’ve ever purchased something on LifeWay.com, you should have created a LifeWay Account. That is the email and password you’ll want to use to log in. If you no longer use the email you originally set up as your LifeWay Account, feel free to click “Register” to create a new account. This email is where you’ll also receive email notifications to remind you that the newest session is now available to watch, so be sure you select one where you’d like to be receiving emails!
- Just Open the Door is 7 weeks long, starting March 7 and ending April 18. You’ll get to watch the full video teaching for free for a limited time!**
- You’ll need to grab a copy of the Just Open the Door Bible study book. You may notice there is a book called Just Open the Door by Jen Schmidt, too. Be sure you get the Bible study book—it’s the one with the blue door and yellow purse on the cover! Order the Bible study book here or grab one off the shelves at your local LifeWay Store. (Friends outside the U.S., check out this list of online retailers around the world.)
- We’ll post a new video session on onlinestudy.smallgroup.com on Thursdays at 5 a.m. CT (barring any technical difficulties). Once you log in, you will see the available sessions.
- For the first week, you’ll watch the video on March 7 first and then complete the Week 1 material in the study book before we meet again!
- Go to your email and add “email@example.com” to your contacts. This way, our emails are less likely to go to your spam folder.
Ready to join us? Click here to sign up!
Our hope for the online Bible studies is not that they’ll replace community in real life. Grab a friend or two or ten and do this study together. If you’re studying solo, that’s great too! We are so glad you’re here and hope you find friends and fellowship as we learn together.
Have more questions? Check out our Online Bible Study FAQs.
**A note about the videos: For Just Open the Door, we will be offering the entire Bible study videos online for free for a limited time. Videos will remain up until May 31, 2019, allowing some breathing room for those who join in late or miss a couple of weeks. After that time you can rent or purchase the video sessions here.