Welcome to Session 5 of The Quest online Bible study! Last week we talked about questions that seem to go unanswered. Beth reminded us that Jesus sees who we really are, and that our true identity is found in Him. He calls us out to be women of valor and honor, and to do that, we need to be less self-aware and more God-aware. We can’t wait to hear what you learned in your personal study this week, and we’re excited to jump into Session 5 with you!
As a reminder, we’ll leave all the videos up until September 30, 2018, allowing some breathing room for those who join in late or miss a couple of weeks. After that you can rent or purchase the video sessions here.
Did you miss our first few sessions? Don’t worry!
Before we jump into Session 5, we’d love to hear more about what you learned this week walking through Week 4 in your study journal. Answer one or both of these questions in your group or in the comments below!
- What are some significant markers in your life of faith—people, places, or events where you know God met you in a special, life-changing way?
- How has God fitted you for work in His kingdom? What gifts, talents, skills, etc., has He blessed you with, and how are you using them to serve Him?
Now that we’re all on the same page, let’s jump in to the Session 5 video! Feel free to take notes about things that stick out to you on page 167 or in a separate journal as you follow along with the video.
- What are your biggest distractions in your walk with the Lord? What other obstacles do you face in your life of faith?
- Why is it so important to put on the armor of God every day? Are you currently doing that? Explain.
- Is there one thought or sentence that stuck out to you in this week’s video? What stood out and why?
Before next week, complete Week 5 (pages 168-207 for adults or pages 159-195 for teens) in your study journal. We’ll see you next time!