Welcome to Session 1 of the God of Creation online Bible study! We’re excited to study Genesis 1-11 with you over the next several weeks. It’s going to be an amazing summer of diving in to fundamental truths about God that we learn in these first few chapters of the Bible!
Please read the following instructions carefully; we’ve tried to anticipate your questions!
Here’s how this will work:
- Each week, watch the video with Jen. The videos are approximately 35-45 minutes long.
- Once you watch the video, we have questions for you to answer in your group or in the comments section of the post. The questions will relate to both the previous week’s personal study as well as the video content. There’s no homework for Week 1, so our hope is that the questions for this week will help you to get to know your fellow Bible study participants. We hope these interactions will be both challenging and encouraging!
- After the video, we will let you know the personal study assignment to do for the next week in your God of Creation Bible study book. That’s it!
- This online study is ten weeks long and is available to those studying together or going solo.
- If you’d like to join others going through this study in person, we are offering God of Creation in select stores as well on Thursdays at 11:30 a.m. & 6:30 p.m.! (Check with your local store for more details.)
A note about the Bible study videos: We are giving you the complete video content for the God of Creation online Bible study! We will leave all the videos up until September 30, 2018, allowing some breathing room for those who join in late or miss a couple of weeks. After that you can rent or purchase the video sessions here.
Have more questions? Check out our Online Bible Study FAQs.
Now that we’re all on the same page, let’s jump in to Session 1! Turn to the viewer guide on page 14-15 of your Bible study book to follow along with the Session 1 video.
- What’s your name and where are you studying from?
- What does this study look like for you (are you doing it by yourself, with a group from church, with a friend on the other side of the world, etc.)?
- What drew you to study God of Creation?
- Is there one thought or sentence that stuck out to you in this week’s video? What stood out and why?
Before next week, complete Week 2: The God Who Was in the Beginning (pages 16-29) in your Bible study book. We’ll see you next time!