This monthly feature will give you the inside scoop on our events from backstage passes to interviews with our speakers, here’s what happens In Any Event.
This year, beginning with the first event in Seattle, WA, Living Proof Live is celebrating its 20th birthday.
That’s 20 years of Beth Moore teaching, challenging, encouraging, and pointing women to God’s Word. Twenty years of women learning of God’s love for the first time and taking it home to their families. Twenty years of lives changed because of one event and one all-powerful God.
And Beth is just getting started!
The first Living Proof Live event took place on February 20, 1998 in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Over the years, events have taken place in every one of the 50 states, and only one event has ever been canceled (the 2001 Las Vegas event due to the September 11th attacks). On April 16, 2018, day two of the Green Bay, WI event was cancelled due to a snow blizzard.
Below are some images from Living Proof Live events through the years!
Here are some fun (and astounding!) numbers about Living Proof Live events over the last two decades:
- Over two million attendees have heard the gospel through live or simulcast events.
- Beth has taught more than 1,000 live hours (and that’s not even including all her Bible study tapings and other speaking engagements).
- Travis Cottrell and the worship team have performed over 500 hours.
- Thirty guitar strings have been broken during performances.
- Living Proof Live staff has traveled over 900,000 miles.
- The staff has put in more than 35,000 hours of setup.
- Nine thousand stagehands have been hired for setup.
- The team has booked over 5,000 flights.
- There have been more than 50 different praise team members.
- Over 15,000 faithful volunteers have helped with events all over the country.
- The largest Living Proof Live event in history so far was in Knoxville, TN, where 20,000 gathered to hear God’s Word.
- There have been countless coffee runs (we gave up counting!).
- There has only been one microphone accidentally dropped in a toilet.
In 2008, one woman shared that she had planned to take her own life before stumbling upon a Living Proof Live event, attending, and finding out about Jesus for the first time.
At another event in Denver, CO, a teenager, who had just been saved at camp a month earlier, dragged her mother to Living Proof Live to introduce her to Jesus.
There are countless stories like these all because one woman was willing to serve the Lord—no matter where it led her.
Be a part of the legacy and experience a Living Proof Live event near you this year. See where Beth is headed here.
And if Beth won’t be visiting your neck of the woods this year, plan on hosting the Living Proof Simulcast. You can experience a full day of Living Proof Live teaching and worship all from the comfort of your hometown. Fun fact: The simulcast began in 2003 as a way of reaching even more women thirsty for God’s Word. Learn more about hosting here.
When did you first attend Living Proof Live? Where will you see Beth Moore this year?