Welcome to Session 1 of the Hosea online Bible study! We’re excited to study this amazing story of God’s unfailing love with you over the next few weeks.
Please read the following instructions carefully; we’ve tried to anticipate your questions!
Here’s how this will work:
- Each week, you’ll watch the video with Jennifer. The videos are approximately 20-30 minutes long.
- Once you watch the video, we have questions for you to answer in your group or in the comments section of the post. The questions will help you to get to know your fellow Bible study participants, and we hope these interactions will be both challenging and encouraging.
- After the video, we will let you know the personal study assignment to do for the next week in your Hosea Bible study book. That’s it!
- This online study is seven weeks long (including this little introduction week) and is available to those studying together or going solo.
A note about the Bible study videos: We are giving you the complete video content for the Hosea online Bible study! We will leave all the videos up until May 31, 2018, allowing some breathing room for those who join in late or miss a couple of weeks. After that you can purchase the video or audio sessions here.
Have more questions? Check out our Online Bible Study FAQs.
Now that we’re all on the same page, let’s jump in to Session 1! Turn to the viewer guide on page 6 of your Bible study book to follow along with the Session 1 video and fill in the blanks. Don’t have your book yet? Here’s an answer guide you can use while you wait. Miss an answer? Find it here.
- What’s your name and where are you studying from?
- What does this study look like for you (are you doing it by yourself, with a group from church, with a friend on the other side of the world, etc.)?
- What drew you to study Hosea?
- Is there one thought or sentence that stuck out to you in this week’s video? What stood out and why?
If you’re curious about how to make the butter mints Jennifer mentions in the video, you can click here for the recipe!
Before next week, complete Week 1: Just Because Love (pages 8-33) in your Bible study book. We’ll see you next time!