Hospitality Hints is a monthly feature on our blog with some helpful tips for being hospitable in everyday life. Our hints may involve inviting people over, but not always! Most of the time, they will be about having a posture of hospitality—welcoming others into our lives.
Fall is here! Smells in the air are changing, layers of clothes are beginning to make an appearance, a scarf is our greatest accessory, and a seasonal excitement floods our social media posts and conversations. #fallishere #pumpkineverything
What better way to celebrate the season than with a fun, fall party?! Having a party is the sweetest excuse to gather your people, celebrate, and eat some delicious treats all while experiencing community.
If you are anything like me, the most difficult part of planning a party is making sure you have everything you need to make all the pieces come together. Below are a few of my favorite, yet simple, fall party ideas.
Make-Your-Own, No-Mess S’mores Bar
Ingredients and Supplies:
– 1 package of large marshmallows
– 1 package of Keebler Fudge Stripes cookies
– 1 package of 12-inch wooden skewers
– 1 wooden flower box
– 4 or 5 pounds of rocks
– 3 Sterno fuel cans to serve as “the flame”
– a lighter
- Fill the flower box with rocks.
- Space the Sterno fuel cans evenly along the rocks.
- Place food items in mason jars or other decorative containers.
- Use a lighter to ignite flame on each Sterno can.
- Using a wooden skewer, roast marshmallow and place between two Keebler Fudge Stripes cookies.
- Eat and repeat!
Candy Corn Snack Mix
– 1 can of salted peanuts
– 1 bag of M&M’s or chocolate chips
– 1 bag of mini marshmallows
– 1 bag of candy corn or candy corn pumpkins
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
For an additional splash of fun, place the mix in small bags and add a colorful ribbon.
Apple Cider Punch
– 6 cups of apple cider
– 2 cups of orange juice
– ½ cup of lemon juice
– 1 (750ml) bottle of white grape juice
- In a large punch bowl, mix apple cider, orange juice, and lemon juice.
- Slowly add white grape juice to mixture.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!
Grab some small treat bags, your favorite fall ribbon, and the ingredients to make two s’mores. Place the ingredients in the bag and then attach the “I can’t wait to spend s’more time with you!” tag! (Click here to download the printable.) It makes an adorable take-home party favor that reminds your people how important they are to you!
- Before anyone walks through your doors, cover your home or party spot in prayer! Ask the Lord to make your home a swell place to gather, a place where friends know they are loved because His love shines in all you do.
- Invite a few friends to host with you! Share the planning load and enjoy some special bonding time along the way.
- Pick a theme and have everyone bring something to go along with the theme! For example, make all food items contain pumpkin in some way, pick a color scheme and plan accordingly, and/or make it a “plus 1” party and have everyone bring a friend.
- Light a fall scented candle, make a music playlist to play in the background, and have a fire going if the weather permits!
- Don’t forget to have FUN! Celebrate the new season that’s happening outside while rejoicing in the seasons of life you and the people around you are in.
Fun, Fall Downloads
Click below for some cute fall extras!
When it’s all said and done, the most treasured moments won’t be the fun party treats or ideas listed above but rather the connections made among friends. More than anything, we want to experience the joy of being together, being real, and being a part of community. Happy fall, y’all!
Anna Townsend is a Franklin, Tenn., native with a heart to see families lean into their call to share Jesus with the world. She serves as the Preschool Minister at Rolling Hills Community Church and loves to see preschoolers learn how God made them and that He loves them deeply. Anna can be found spending time with friends and family, and making anything an adventure worth experiencing!