It seems that “issues” arise when we least expect them. And why is it that when one does, several seem to pop up? Have you ever had a month like that, or a week like that, or how about a day like that?? So what do we do?
2013 has started off with a bang for me. I’ve been somewhat slowed down by foot surgery I had in December. The frantic pace that we were all living in just prior to my leaving December 6, not to return until January 2, was not upon me yet.
Then, issues began to pop up. Several right about the same time. Uncomfortable situations. Leadership things I prefer not to have to deal with. But guess what, as a leader, we must!
I decided to do several things:
- I made a list of these multiple issues hitting the same week. I just wrote them down.
- I prayed about them all that day.
- I sought wise counsel from co-workers.
- I prayed again!
- I asked a prayer warrior (or two) to pray with me.
- I chose to allow God to do what only He could in each case.
Easy? NO! Effective? YOU BET!
Even though they are not resolved yet, I was reassured today that the bigger the issues, the more God gets to show off as He works each one for His glory, and my good, and the good of the ministry I represent.
Philippians 4:19 (HCSB)
And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.