The Friday Five is a selection of five links to articles, products, reviews, recipes, and inspiration for your weekend reading enjoyment.*
1. February 1st is tomorrow! It’s also release day for the newest installment of the Tales that Tell the Truth series for kids. Written by Randall Goodgame and illustrated by Catalina Echeverri, Jesus and the Very Big Surprise tells the “true story about Jesus, His return, and how to be ready” from the parable in Luke 12:35-38. You can read a review of the book at the Story Warren and pre-buy it today at a discounted price from LifeWay.com.
2. Words matter. Brian Dembowczyk offers 30 life-giving things parents can say to their kids on the LifeWay Kids blog.
3. Is parenting your kids turning out to be far more difficult than you expected? Be encouraged by these “4 (Good) Ways Your Hard Kid Is Changing You.”
4. Fun fact: Sunday’s date, 02/02/2020, is a rare 8-digit palindrome that works cross-culturally—whether you write it MM/DD/YEAR or DD/MM/YEAR or even YEAR/MM/DD!
5. In her latest Read Aloud Revival podcast, Sarah Mackenzie interviews Jan Turnquist, Executive Director of Orchard House, about the impact of Louisa May Alcott. Listen here or read the transcript here.
*Our intention is to link our readers to web content that may be helpful in their parenting journey. Our staff verifies each site’s usefulness and appropriateness prior to posting. However, website content changes quickly, so approach all websites with caution. Make sure sites are still helpful before sharing them with your friends and family.