Objective: Spiritual Preparation
- Praying with, and for, your child should be a vital part of her education. Begin and continue praying that she would have a positive experience and form great relationships with her classmates, teachers, and administrators.
- Think about hosting a get-together with other students and their parents for fellowship and prayer before the first day of school.
- Many schools have parent groups that meet to pray on a regular basis. Consider joining one, or forming a group of your own.
Here are some ideas and articles you might find interesting:
- For Christians, Back to School Preparations Include Prayer – Has some sample prayers and ideas for praying with your children.
- Faith at Home from Focus on the Family
- Scriptures to Pray Over Your Students
Kelly Wilson Mize is a wife, mother, and freelance writer living in Huntsville, Alabama. Kelly has a master’s degree in elementary education.
Photo of school supplies used with permission of Flickr Creative Commons. Click on photo for source.