Note: In Bible Studies for Life: Adults (KJV) and Bible Studies for Life: Senior Adults, this is Session 11.
Here are the magazine articles that were selected to go along with this session:
- Bible Studies For Life: Adults—Joy In the Journey
- Bible Studies For Life: Adults (KJV)—Joy In the Journey
- Bible Studies For Life: Young Adults—Joy In the Journey
- Bible Studies For Life: Senior Adults—Joy In the Journey
- Ronnie Floyd’s blog post, 4 Reminders to Keep Us Expressing Hope
And, here are some of the Leader Extras that were developed to help you customize this session for various kinds of groups. Even if you aren’t teaching one of these groups, browse here for ideas you may be able to use with your group.
- For Men: Story of gratitude expressed by a pastor in East Africa
- For Singles: Discussion of Time Magazine article about “the me, me, me generation”
- For Parents: Discussion of Wall Street Journal article about the benefits of teaching children to be grateful
- For Women: Video of mom reflecting on joys she takes for granted
- For Boomers: Expressing gratitude exercise
- Current Events Connection: “Thank you, Mom” video, discussion about expressing gratitude.
- Additional Questions: Dozens of additional questions to help with your discussion
Hey! We aren’t the only ones with ideas! If you have any other resources you are planning to use with this session, please pass them along here! Blessings as you prepare to lead this session.