Welcome to Session 1 of the Discerning the Voice of God online Bible study! We’re excited to start our year with you studying the root of clear and daily communication with God—humble obedience.
Please read the following instructions carefully; we’ve tried to anticipate your questions!
Here’s how this will work:
- Each week, you’ll come here to the blog and watch the video with Priscilla. The videos are approximately 39-55 minutes long, with one shorter video for the final session.
- Once you watch the video, we have questions for you to answer in your group or in the comments section of the post. The questions will help you to get to know your fellow Bible study participants, and we hope these interactions will be both challenging and encouraging.
- After the video, we will let you know the personal study assignment to do for the next week in your Discerning the Voice of God Bible study book. That’s it!
- This online study is seven weeks long (including this little introduction week) and is available to those studying together or going solo.
A note about the Bible study videos: We are giving you the complete video content for the Discerning the Voice of God online Bible study! We will leave all the videos up until March 31, 2018, allowing some breathing room for those who join in late or miss a couple of weeks. After that you can purchase or rent video sessions here.
Have more questions? Check out our Online Bible Study FAQs.
Now that we’re all on the same page, let’s jump in to Session 1! Turn to the viewer guide on page 7 of your Bible study book to follow along and fill in the blanks. Don’t have your book yet? Here’s an answer guide you can use while you wait. Miss an answer? Find it here.
- What’s your name and where are you studying from?
- What does this study look like for you (are you doing it by yourself, with a group from church, with a friend on the other side of the world, etc.)?
- What drew you to study Discerning the Voice of God?
- How do you struggle with stillness and prayer? What can you do to intentionally practice stillness?
Before next week, complete Week 1: A Proactive Stance of Obedience (pages 8-37) in your Bible study book. We’ll see you next time!