Welcome to Session 6. You’ve almost made it to the end, friends! In the personal study this week, this question stood out to us, “Will we be brave enough to bring our friendship failures, sins, and selfish behavior to the Savior who can resurrect them?” May we all be willing and able to answer, “Yes!”
If you have any questions about how this study works, we’ve answered most of them here.
Catching up? That’s okay! We’ll leave the videos up until October 1, 2017.
Okay, now onto the video!
Answer one or more of these questions in your group or in the comments below to participate in the discussion with our friends around the world! (As we answer these questions, some of them about how we may have been hurt in the past, let’s remember to keep our comments encouraging and uplifting, avoiding gossip or harsh words.)
- How can forgiving a friend, even without restoration of that friendship, help you with future relationships?
- Why is it healthy to have boundaries in our friendships?
- How can you be a friend to someone without necessarily taking on their burdens?
- How can stepping out of the way lead to transformation in someone else’s life?
- Do you have a challenging friendship in your life now? What is God teaching you? How do you know when to step away from that friend for a season?
Before next week, complete Week 6: Friendship Takes Walking Away Wisely in your Bible study book. It’s the last week of personal study—you can do this! Finish strong! See you next week!