Today we continue addressing these questions:
- What are the best habits of a highly successful women’s ministry?
- What are the best habits of a highly successful women’s minister/director/coordinator?
- What are the top trends in women’s ministry today?
- Has a sold out heart devotion and love for Christ and for the Word
- Engages in continual personal spiritual growth: daily time with the Lord (first thing in the morning)
- Prays for team and women in the church
- Listens: to God, leadership in church, team, women in church
- Reads everything she can get her hands on
- Not a one-woman show but delegation of ownership of some pieces to capable members. Leader isn’t a control freak but gives the ministry away
- Has a passion for women
- Gets ongoing training-from other leaders, conferences, leadership classes, books, internet
- Networks with other leaders
- Annual personal retreat for spiritual and leadership/ministry evaluation
- Has mentor/accountability partner who corrects and encourages
- Puts family before ministry
- Meets with church staff periodically to see how women’s ministry can serve their areas of ministry
- Leads leaders and equips them to disciple women
- Remembers it’s His ministry…not theirs
- Is a servant leader, serves with humility, available and approachable
Think of your role as a women’s leader and share what else would you include in this list?
Watch for our final blog entry in this series as we share top trends in women’s ministry.