Living Beyond YourselfThe fruit of the Spirit’s not a coconut. Nor, is it a cherry. I used to love singing that jingle at GA camp. We’d gather in our cabin lines outside the Mess Hall and the cabin that sang the loudest got to eat first. Don’t underestimate how loud a bunch of third graders will sing if hot dogs and macaroni-and-cheese are involved.

The grown-up fruits of the Spirit may not be compote for cobbler, but are just as sweet:  Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control (Galatians 5:22-23). In Beth Moore‘s Bible study, Living Beyond Yourself, she encourages us to know the freedom found in living a Spirit-filled life.

Living Beyond Yourself is an oldie but a goodie. Take a look below at the video and tell us what else you notice. Here’s a hint:  They say in Texas that the higher the hair, the closer to God…

Beth Moore’s Living Beyond Yourself from LifeWay Women on Vimeo.

Comments

1. Amen to the high hair in TX (I’m responding from deep West TX!)! …and Amen to this wonderful Bible study. Our Church sponsored this study 2 years ago. I was so very blessed to experience weeks of God’s word and learning that word and how He was using it IN me.

2. Penni Barnes says:

I absolutely LOVED THIS STUDY!!!!! Was the 1st ever Beth Moore study I have done & it was amazing!!!!!!! Got me hooked for life! I still have my book & THANK YOU SO MUCH for this little reminder! I have been meaning to dust it off & go thru it again on my own! You all are AMAZING & may the LORD Greatly BLESS EACH & EVERY ONE OF YOU! What a BLESSING you have been to me thru these many years! HUGS to you all!

• Mary Anna Brown says:

Thank you, Penni! You are very kind to say those things. Glad this study (and video) were such big encouragements to you today!

3. Cindy Cannon says:

We are doing this study right now! It is so good….., really make you think about how the spirit works in our lives, and how we minister those fruits of the spirit!

• Mary Anna Brown says:

Perfect timing for us to post this then, huh? Thanks for stopping by, Cindy! Hope you enjoy the rest of the study.

4. No one brings a WORD like Beth! Love her;)

5. Betty Marschner says:

Have been a fairly recent follower of Christ’s teachings through Beth. Have not done this particular study but would love to. I think we should redo some of these old ones in our neighborhood study. The Word never changes but our hair sure does!!!!
    Texans always do things in a BIG way why not hair!!! Bless you all at Lifeways for providing uswiht life (and hair) changing lessons!
    Betty M

• Mary Anna Brown says:

You are too funny, Betty! We try to help in the “fashion” department at LifeWay Women as much as we can! Thank you for stopping by. So glad this video was an encouragement to you today.

6. Great study! I did it online and then with my church! Could definitely do again and get even more from it.

7. This was my first Bible study ever. I was immediately hooked!

8. sara goldwater says:

I love every study we have ever done by Beth and then of course seeing her live was awesome! March 9th our women’s group will be having an all day retreat with Beth Moore being our speaker! (unfortunately not live this time)!!! We will be “Loving Well” this weekend and prayerfully the rest of our lives!!! Thank you for sharing this clip today!!