A women’s ministry leader once asked what to do when one of your team members feels more prayer is required before they take the next step while the rest of the team is ready to move on. Have you ever had that experience? What would you do?
I’d consider these things:
- How long have you prayed about the issue?
- How did the others come to the conclusion it was time to move on?
- What are the concerns the other team member has?
- Does she normally stall on progress in your women’s ministry?
- Can you pray one more time before making a final decision?
- DO what you hear God saying.
Sometimes you just have to move if you as a team leader, along with all but one member, agree God is saying now is the time. Be sure there is not a legitimate concern that you should first address, but if you see no door that has been shut after praying and feeling God speak, move as you continue to pray through each step.
How would you handle this situation?
For more help regarding prayer in women’s ministry, see chapters in prayer in Transformed Lives: Taking Women’s Ministry to the Next Level. Also, checkout: Disciples’ Prayer Life by TW Hunt & Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer.