We All Scream For Ice Cream

jenisicecream.jpgDid you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? It’s true. President Ronald Reagan said so in 1984. He also designated the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day. In honor of all that, we ate some ice cream. And we want to give you an ice cream-related gift. After all, it is FREE Friday.
Here we are at Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams in Nashville, our favorite spot for a frozen treat (from left: Linda, Mary Anna, Larissa, and Becky).
groupshot.jpg
One of those four Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams At Home cookbooks can be yours! Simply leave a comment on this post between now and Noon CST on Sunday, and we’ll randomly select four winners. books.jpg
Just think. You could be making the best ice cream in the country (in our humble opinions) in your very own kitchen. What better way to entertain your kids who are on summer break?
And speaking of kids, have you heard of our dotMOM event happening this September 21 & 22 in Birmingham, AL? Moms of all ages and stages will learn from Vicki Courtney, Jen Hatmaker, David Thomas, Sissy Goff, and Esther Burroughs. You can be a better mom in just two days. Read all about it HERE.
UPDATE:
We have our winners! They are:
36 Laurie
33 Connie
22 Mandy
27 Katelyn

Comments

1. Robin in New Jersey says

I borrowed this book from the library awhile back. It is an excellent book. I would love to have my own copy.

2. Carol T says

MMm! My husband might like to try some new ice cream recsipes! Deacon ice cream social coming up!

3. Sherry L. says

My family loves ice cream. It’s a major issue if we run out at our house! Think we may be addicts! ;) lol The book would be a great thing for us to have and a fun activity for me and my boys, 11 and 16.

4. Lisa in Maine says

My 14-year-old son started his first job this summer—scooping ice cream! (He scoops at the same shop as my Mom.)

5. Niki says

Ahhh went there all the time in high school in Columbus, OH. Love her ice cream! Lavender is my fav. Crossing my fingers!

6. Kristy says

I have been desiring this book ever since visiting the scoop shop in German Village Ohio last August. The flavors combinations are so unique and delicious. This is a quality cookbook and one is totally inspired to use quality ingredients.

We LOVE Jeni’s – we’re only an hour away from Columbus, and we can even get it in one of our own local groceries now. Benefits of living in-state with the original, I think. :) I would love to own this book – learning to make artisanal ice cream is on my life list.

8. Denise says

Would love to try some yummy homemade ice cream recipes!! This hot weather screams for ice cream!

My husband and I JUST bought our first ice cream maker (just got married) and we are so excited to try out recipes….esp. because June has been in the record high temps here. Ugh. Would love the cookbook!

10. Linda says

Being 60 something years old, some of my favorites memories with my parents and brother was making homemade ice cream. My dad and I would get up in a minute to make a gallon of the stuff. Favorite was banana nut to please Mom. We had a lot of good time fights over the dasher. I would love to have a copy of this book to make memories with my 6 grandchildren.

11. Rhonda says

I would love to use this cookbook to make ice cream for the very first time, in the ice cream attachment to my Kitchen Aid mixer!

12. colette says

My first job, many years ago, was a Professional Ice Cream Scooper! So ice cream has a special place in my heart! Not to mention my backside!! Haha! Oh and I also live in the Desert so we could really use some awesome ice cream recipes right about now! :-)

13. Katelyn says

I LOVE ice cream! I have been making homemade ice cream and Popsicles all summer! This week I made nutella pops!
    -Katelyn

14. Diana says

OOOOOHHH I would love to know how to make my own ice cream, then I can work it into my WW program.

15. Connie says

Yum, yum! I have an ice cream maker and would love some more recipes! It’s so HOT here in Kansas right now, some ice cream would be yummy in my tummy!

16. Janeen Harding says

I was raised on ice cream, my parents own 2 Dairy Queens, but I love all ice cream especially homemade. :)

17. Laurie says

I love to make homemade ice cream. My last creation was chocolate ice cream with mini chocolate chips, marshmallows, and nuts. Did not last long!