Recently at a YOU Lead women’s leadership training, we had a panel of leaders answering questions submitted by attendees. Several past and upcoming posts address those and try to help answer them.
Today’s question: How do you do women’s ministry for 70-90 year olds?
Titus 2:3-5 is for ALL women for ALL time, so that means even when I am 90, I still have a purpose of pouring my life out for other women. Now, that will mean different ways of pouring out in different stages of my life, but if God is done with me, He will take me home!
So, here are some ideas for engaging older women in ministry:
· Invite a group of young women to visit and ask her stories about her life, her family, her work, her ministry, her struggles, her joys
· Invite her to share where she experienced God’s hand in a tough situation. Ask her if she ever had doubts.
· If you know what skills she has used over the years (baking, crochet, painting, etc) have her share about those interests and talk about how she used those skills throughout her life.
· Ask her to be a prayer warrior for women’s events, mission trips, student camps, etc. etc. Then have a couple of those who were involved in those events to share with her how God answered. These ladies are some of our best prayer warriors.
· Pick them up to take them to a women’s event or just out to dinner with some young women.
· Help her set up a facebook account so she can keep up with her grandchildren!
· Show her that her life is still a vital part of the body of Christ and that you need her desperately! She needs to know that.
· What do you do to engage your senior women in ministry?