Recently at a YOU Lead women’s leadership training, we had a panel answering questions submitted by attendees. Several past and upcoming posts address those and try to help answer them. Click here to read other posts answering these questions.
Today’s question is: As a leader, how do I find a woman to disciple me. I am desperate for a spiritual leader besides my husband.
Yes, even (and especially) leaders need mentors and spiritual guides! But where do we find them?
· First, pray for God to clearly show you who He would want you to learn from. He knows better than you do what you need!
· What groups are you in or teams do you serve on now with other women? Is there one whom you are strongly drawn to?
· Ask them to lunch or coffee and talk to them about life, leadership, family, work.
· Share with her your desires to learn from her the things God has taught her throughout her life.
· Ask her to pray about meeting with you occasionally to discuss these issues.
· Email her afterward to set up another time to get together.
· Let God direct each step of the way and if it doesn’t work with the first woman, don’t give up, keep praying for God to bring the one He wants into your life.
· Be willing to also pour into a younger woman’s life even as you are learning from your mentor/disciplier!
That’s Titus 2:3-5 in action for sure!
Watch for future Q/A posts!