Hope everyone is having a good Monday.
For those of you who are doing, or have completed either of the Bible studies, Brave: Honest Questions Women Ask, or Duty or Delight, we’d love to hear from you. Please respond to the questions below in the comment section.
Everyone who responds will have a chance to receive something free. Oh, and one more thing, if you wouldn’t mind, please let us know in your comment if you are in age range of 20-35, 36-55, or other. That helps us too!
If you did the Brave study or the Duty or Delight study – tell us how you liked the layout of the study and the magazine-type feel.
If you did Duty or Delight – how did you like the weekly format? Should we do more studies like that or should we stick with the 5 days of homework each week?
If you did Duty or Delight – what did you think about the free online videos with Tammie? Were they helpful? How did you use them?
If you are a leader or facilitator, What about the leader guide, was it helpful to you and what would you want to be different?
We love to hear from you. Thanks for helping us better provide what you want and need!

Comments

1. Tonya Taylor says:

age range of 36-55
    My church bible study group just finished “brave” and we all absolutly loved it. Several women, including myself, agreed that it has changed our life, opened up our eyes to God’s love and has brought us so much closer to Him.
    I loved both the video and the book. I think flip flopping so you watch the video first and then read would even be better??

2. Pat Rieck says:

Angela Thomas spoke at an event in Iowa in April. I purchased the “Brave” DVD kit.
    I review as much as time permits all of the curriculum we offer to our women. The ‘Brave’ format is easy to follow. The DVD’s are well presented.
    The core of “Brave” is the Word. As women our lives are varied. As a single woman aged 36-55 I didn’t find her references to family the mainstay of Angela’s comments. The character of Christ and His Word were core.
    Angela provided personal stories that illustrated biblical concepts. I so appreciated the Word being central rather than her circumstances. Just as the Lord is the same yesterday and today and in the future – He is not swayed by circumstances. He/His Word is the anchor for the ‘Brave’ women to navigate life on this side of heaven.

3. cynthia griffin says:

Loved the BRAVE study, the format was very
    good, the topics were truly a word from God and ANGELA was WONDERFUL. She has such a GOD given talent to teach the word…..!
    GREAT STUDY!!!
    Blessing
    Cynthia from AL
    Age group 55

4. Love this study! We are studying it right now at our church womens small group. Easy yet deep! Love it! Thank you!!!

5. I am in the 20-35 age group. I heard about duty or delight while browsing online for a Bible study from Lifeway. Duty or Delight is unbelievable and wonderful. It is so relevant to where I am in my walk with God and it has really opened my eyes to things I would’ve never considered. My long term goal is to someday be a leader of a small group study for Duty or Delight.

6. Jerri Blackburn says:

36-65 Age Group//I absolutely loved the “Brave” Bible study. Angela is real and she deals with the problems that women of all ages face everyday…quite honestly problems that some women are afraid to even talk about in public. But real life happens…and when it does, we tend to feel alone and worthless. Angela uses the words and promises in the Bible to unlock the insecurities and give hope to those of us who don’t have the “picture perfect” lives that we dreamed about. For me personally, I’ve faced several challenges in the last 3 years through a divorce after over 25 years of marriage and subsequent financial struggles and other things that left me wrung out and hopeless at times. Although I still struggle with loneliness, I now can turn to the truths in the Bible and I know that those truths are for me!! God still loves me, and He still wants to wrap his loving arms around me and comfort me. Thanks, Angela, for opening that door!

7. I am 21 years old! I did the duty or delight bible study and I really enjoyed the magazine-type layout of the book. I enjoyed the weekly format as well because it kept me from feeling overwhelmed while studying and taking in all the information given. I enjoy both types of bible studies but I really liked the magazine layout feel better!
    The free online videos with Tammie Head were great and made me feel like I was more of a group studying this rather than by myself.
    I highly recommend this bible study book!

8. Angela Edwards says:

I did the Brave study. I think the layout was great. With a family and everything that goes along with having one, it was a good amount of homework. The reading/writing is very conversational. Can’t wait for the next one.

9. Megan H says:

I’m 22 years old and am in the last week of Duty or Delight and have absolutely loved the study and have gotten so much out of it! I will definitely go through it again! I liked the format of the book (since each week was kind of divided up into 5 or 6 sections, I just split it up for each day). I’ve never done a study with it already split up into 5 days of homework, so I can’t really compare… The layout of the study flowed nicely and the pages looked great! Who doesn’t like pretty pages?! :) I also really liked the free online videos with Tammie. Most of the other studies I’ve looked at require videos, but they aren’t free, and when you do a study like this alone instead of in a group, it can be pretty pricey. So the free videos are great! I love how this study can be done alone and doesn’t have to be part of a group study, but it definitely works as a group study, as well! Hopefully there will be more studies from Tammie Head in the future!

10. Megan H says:

11. Heather McDaniel says:

Age 36. My twin sister and I just finished Duty or Delight. Can I tell you she needed that study like fish needs water. I love that study and it will always be dear to my heart! We are in two different season of life;however, it spoke to both of us deeply and thoroughly. Thank you Tammie for being steadfast in your walk with our Father and sharing. Can’t wait for the next study, will be praying for you.

12. Karen Lay says:

I am 42 and have loved doing this study w/ our Sunday woman’s bible study. The format of the book is fine just could use a little more room for binding.
    Thanks!

13. Leah Heflin says:

Age 20-35. The women’s group from our church just finished your Brave bible study in April. We absolutely loved it. I know that it changed my life personally. I know that it also changed some of the women in the group that we had. I loved that there wasn’t tons of homework to do. Angela Thomas is absolutely amazing women.

14. Lisa Curtis says:

Lisa, age 50. I just finished Brave in a women’s group at my church. I had been out of a study since a death last May and was afraid to be brave but missed corporate study. Angela Thomas is so real. I appreciate her and the study. I enjoyed the layout of the study guide and each week was touched deeply by the scriptures and topics. I am encouraging my two daughters, ages 22 and 26 to do Brave as we are struggling with some of the same emotions. I am a braver woman today because of this study. Thank you.

15. age range 40-60ish. On the last chapter now of this study…amazing…Using this as our first study in a newly formed community group, it has been perfect. Every woman has related in some way to each topic and has broken down walls so we have grown into a bonded group. So many times we feel we are the only ones or in it all alone and this study has shown that we all have similar struggles and that we each can find provisions from the word of God to help us deal with them. I read the book “do you know who i am?” in Dec. and couldn’t wait when I saw the study coming out…highly recommend this study. Really did not use the leaders section and because there was so much discussion we took two weeks to cover each topic, we only have 1.5 hours per week and we decided not to rush it.

16. Debbie Brawner says:

I am in the age range of 36-55. We are doing the Brave study. Love the format of the study! It’s easy and not very time consuming which has been popular with the ladies. Really good discussion in this study. The leader guide has been good, I have used some of it but not every question.

17. Annie Hovarter says:

Age 55, in a study with approximately 40 women aging from 20 to 70. This has been a great study to sandwich in between really intense studies. Love, love, love the lighter format and questions that question where we are really at in our walk with the Lord. There are so many hurts in the world that women tend to bury in their souls forgetting that doing so, separates us from our God. This was a great reminder that God knows us and sees us!

18. Hi Kris!
    Oh I hope this is a God thing that you are asking about this study. We could use your help. I am planning on facilitating a summer Bible study on my blog this summer. (You can see my post about it from last week: http://michelencindy.wordpress.com/ )
    Anyhow, we intentionally picked Duty or Delight because the 6-week format works well for summer and because the videos are free online.
    There are at least 4 of us that I know of in the group that have been unemployed for a long time. I wanted to ask if there is any possible way we could get at least 2 copies of the member guide donated. I had asked a Twitter friend who works at LW about it, but I don’t know if she was going to be able to do that or not (Twitter handle @Debbout). If that is something you could help us out with, I know the two people in particular would be so very grateful. It would be a blessing if myself and 1 other person could get books also, or if there is a leader guide if I could get a copy of that, but the two people in particular could really use the help.
    I am 41, one sister is 35, two are in their 50′s, and I don’t know the ages of the rest of the group yet. We are just getting organized.
    As the facilitator, I would love to give you feedback when we complete the study this summer.
    Thank you so much!
    Michele
    Liverpool, NY

19. I am 50 and just finished BRAVE with my church ladies group. LOVED the magazine/scrapbook workbook. For a hectic time in my life it was a wonderful format…quick effective bites!
    Loved that each week was different and if someone missed a week they were right back with the group and could go back and pick up the one they missed!
    Angela was delightful to listen to and so appreciated that she was very open with her audience.