Since so many of our women’s leaders are looking for ways to connect with young women to raise up as leaders, I wanted to share these 10 ideas with you from Janet Speer and Beth Ann Williams who serve at the Georgia Baptist Convention. I am sure these will be helpful to you as you seek to raise up young women as leaders.
1. Include on planning and leadership teams.
2. Give opportunities in front of audiences. Special events are a perfect place and time for this.
3. Pray specifically with and for a younger woman.
4. Ask them to partner with you to prepare a meal for someone in need and deliver the meal together.
5. Offer to baby-sit children so young mothers can attend special events, Bible studies, mission projects, etc.
6. Scholarship a younger woman to attend a retreat, go on a mission trip, etc.
7. Invite them to co-teach a study with you.
8. Send notes of encouragement; tell them how God is using them in your life and the lives of others.
9. Ask them to prepare and share a short devotion at a women’s gathering.
10. Praise and affirm their expressions of faith.
Janet Speer is the Adult Leadership Consultant and
Beth Ann Williams is the Adult Missions Consultant for Georgia WMU&WEM
What has worked for you? It’s such a joy to work with and learn from Young Adult Women, but it can be a challenge as well. It will be worth the effort. If we don’t do this well, there will be no one leading and ministering to women once we are gone!
Let this be just the beginning of the ideas. Please add your ideas to this list by posting on this blog.