I have so much to say about this past weekend. And I plan to say a whole bunch of it over the course of the next few days. But in short: WHAT A WEEKEND at Living Proof San Antonio.
Also: that girl named Beth? Can flat-out teach.
Not to mention that that guy named Travis and his praise team? Can flat-out lead some worship.
Sometimes I struggle when I try to put the crux of a particularly memorable message into words – because there’s absolutely no way I can do it justice – but like Melanie said in her post (the one she wrote on the bathroom floor at 5:30 IN THE MORNING, WHEN THERE WAS STILL NO SUN), the main theme of the weekend was Inheritance. Beth gave us eight truths from Scripture that bear out the fact that we are heirs of God, and in doing that she showed us how inheritance always involves three elements:
1) Presence (Genesis 26:25, Joshua 1:9)
2) People (Genesis 12:3, Genesis 22:17-18, Deuteronomy 4:20, Psalm 16:3, Revelation 7:9)
3) Property (Numbers 26:52-56, Matthew 25:34 – and this has nothing to do with our earthly possessions, by the way)
So obviously we have a little bit of information to unpack over the next few days.
Mel and I thought it would be fun to do a Mr. Linky-type thing where y’all could share your summaries of the weekend, but I can’t seem to get the code to work in this here bloggy template. I’m sure my lack of technical know-how is SHOCKING.
But here’s what we can do: if you’ve written on your own blog about this past weekend in San Antonio, leave your link in the comments, and I’ll add the links to this post throughout the day. That way we can click around and read each other’s thoughts about what we learned in San Antonio – and hopefully it’ll be a great way for us to encourage one another as we jump into Monday after such an incredible weekend.
And if you would, leave a link to your SPECIFIC POST – not just your general blog URL.
Can’t wait to hear what y’all have to say.
6) Robyn (Three Girls Mom)
7) Vicki Courtney
10) Michelle Bentham
11) Mocha with Linda
14) Lisa @ The Preacher’s Wife
15) Cathy Davis
18) Tammy – Grateful in Ga
19) Patty and Kim (and there are even more great recaps over at the Siesta Fiesta blog – be sure to read those as well!)
20) Missy @ It’s Almost Naptime
21) Tara Dew
23) Cindy – Still His Girl
25) Way More Homemade (Donna)
27) Amy Beth
29) Brittney Thomas: Lopsided Halos
30) Stephanie Cherry
31) Alene Snodgrass
32) annie’s eyes
35) Meg @ Spicy Magnolia
36) Prof Baugh
37) not-so-deep Denise
38) jenni at talking hairdryer
44) Sarah S. with the Coffee Group
46) Lisa @ put-it-on-the-list
Living Proof San Antonio