Today’s wisdom is obviously a continuation of Part 1, and comes from a 1997 training outline titled: 62 Ways to Prepare Yourself for A Galactic Good News Adventure. While some of the ideas were specific to the theme, here are six reminders that apply every year.
1. Conduct a prayer walk around the church campus.
2. Prepare meals for the week of VBS ahead of time and freeze them (double your recipe and share with another VBS worker).
3. Pray that other churches in your community will catch a vision for the evangelistic opportunities provided by VBS.
4. Make sure you know how to lead children to Christ by studying the inside cover of your VBS leader guide.
5. Enlist a homebound member of your church to be your personal VBS prayer warrior.
6. Search your closet, garage, and second-hand stores for your theme-related costume.
Today’s Trivia: LifeWay Christian Resources began publishing VBS resources in 1925 under the leadership of Dr. Homer Grice, a pastor from Dallas, Georgia.