Some of my best inspiration comes from combing through archives. If you have ever watched the reality show American Pickers (I am particularly fond of it since I can look out of my office window and see their Nashville store) you know great value can be found in piles of trash and tattered boxes. Recently I was searching through my recycle box and came across these pearls of wisdom from a VBS training plan.
10 Tips for a Successful VBS Celebration (Family Night)
1. Have a purpose.
2. Remember that all families do not look alike.
3. Avoid conflicts with school and church calendars.
4. Communicate date and time early so families have time to put it on their calendars.
5. Promote, promote, promote…early and often!
6. Have a plan A and a plan B.
7. Don’t wait until the last minute for anything.
8. Confirm, confirm, confirm.
9. Don’t assume anything!
10. Don’t do it by yourself.
Celebrating 90: LifeWay Christian Resources begin publishing VBS resources in 1925 under the leadership of Drs. Marion Frost and Homer Grice.