1. What is your role in VBS? VBS Director
- I attended 3 VBS Preview events in one year
- I promote upcoming VBS at every event possible: I make my Grand Prix race car to match the theme, my fall festival costume is based on the VBS theme, school chapels, etc
- I prepare VBS materials & equip leaders to teach overseas. I have been a part of training teams to Germany, Africa, Nepal, India, & Thailand.
- I plan for VBS year round - there is always something to be done for VBS
- I sing the VBS music for 3 hours straight on our 10 hour trip to VBS preview event
- I give VBS themed items as Christmas & birthday gifts - because they are just cool!
- Every T-shirt I own is VBS related - I counted before sending this email…20 & still counting
- I plan lunch breaks & meetings around the VBS reveal.
3. What has been your favorite VBS theme? Each year the VBS materials seem to be better than the previous year. I like different themes for different reasons:
- Rambling Road Trip: My “1st” VBS as a director. After that week I was hooked & knew VBS was going to be a part of my life every summer.
- Outrigger Island: The music was fantastic & I still tear up thinking about the kids singing “The Word”
- Boomerang Express: I have always wanted to visit Australia & bringing the daily lessons of Paul’s life back to Jesus made great connections for the kids & adults.
- Colossal Coaster World: Theme parks are AMAZING!!!! I love visiting Disney & it was great brining a theme park to my church. I am still using the simple truth of "Facing Fears, Trusting God "as I talk to kids and adults regarding the trials of this world.
- I love them all - VBS is the best & every theme has a special place in my heart & memories.