Many of you have finished up VBS already-- the first week of June is THE busiest week for VBS! Some of you are in the midst of VBS, and some of you are still planning. The best time to pray for VBS? Always!
While we love the fun of decorating for VBS and preparing crafts and snacks for the kiddos, our most favorite thing about VBS is that it is an amazing opportunity to share Christ with kids and their families.
So whether you've finished VBS, are in the middle of one, or are still planning, don't forget to stop and pray.
If you've finished VBS:
- pray for the seeds that were planted-- that God would continue His work in the lives of those children
- pray for the kids who accepted Christ and their families-- that God would help parents disciple those children at home as they continue to strengthen their relationship with Christ
- pray for the VBS director and volunteers, that they would receive an extra dose of rest and refreshment to continue ministry through the summer
- pray for VBS follow-up-- that you'll be able to connect with unchurched families in the coming weeks and months to form an ongoing relationship
- pray for other churches who have not yet had their VBS-- that they make much of Jesus in the coming weeks
If you're in the middle of VBS:
- pray for the children who have been attending-- that their hearts would be softened to the message of Jesus
- pray that other children and families nearby would learn about your VBS and be able to attend and hear the good news of Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior
- pray for your VBS director-- that he or she would have extra rest, energy, and strength to get through the week
- pray for the volunteers-- that they would experience the hand of God this week and would have wisdom in leading kids to Christ
If you are still planning your VBS:
- pray that many children and families would learn about your VBS so they can hear the good news about Christ
- pray for the VBS director-- that he or she would have all the help necessary to get VBS off the ground in the coming weeks
- pray for the volunteers at your church-- that they would experience God while preparing lessons, music, snacks, decorations, etc. and that they would have wisdom in leading kids to Christ
If your church isn't doing VBS:
- pray for outreach opportunities
- pray for wisdom in discipling children and families within the community
- pray for churches in your area who are hosting VBS or other outreach events