A Basketball-Playing Gorilla – Clue Number Five

wooley1 2013Hey, did you notice I was included in Clue Number Four? I’m extremely honored to be on a short list of VBS guys (and one gal) that stretches all the way back to 1924. LifeWay has a long history of great VBS themes, and I’m thinking 2014 is going to be the best of them all!

I don’t know about you, but it seems a large number of people discovered a tremendous amount of information in Clue Number Two. The ship, plus Katie’s message in a bottle photo, has started a buzz that can be heard all the way to ITALY! Could a ship really be part of the theme or is it just leading you to shipwreck island? Hmmmmm, let me ponder that one for a few centuries and then get back to you.

And what can I say about Clue Number Four?  It was a no brainer.  Of course I have always preferred multiple choice exams. No matter which answer you choose there is a 25 percent chance of correctly guessing!  Given the tremendous way you all love guessing games, let’s hoist anchor and sail on to the next clue.

Grab your notepad and let’s watch IMPOSSIBLE CLUE NUMBER FIVE! Don’t forget to search for additional clues on Facebook today.

Clue #5 Title (Submarine)-Web from LifeWay VBS on Vimeo.

Before I close for the day I want to give a quick shout out to my Friendswood, Texas friends and travel buddies, Chris and Dinah, who as usual have left no stone unturned in their quest to determine what is meant by even the smallest detail of our Impossible Clues. Of course by now we all know “details are everything”!

Join me tomorrow for the final video clue, and don’t forget to join me Monday at 1:00 PM (CST) at lifeway.com/vbsthemerelease for the great reveal!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Comments

1. Annica Cook says

Irish man invented the submarine
    Irish Knight (helmet colors are blue and gold like the Notre Dame Fighting Irish)
    Irish Setter
    1650 Cromwell’s army left Ireland
    Gorilla Rainforest at the Dublin Zoo

2. Jaky Broussard says

adding to Annica’s Irish observations: cowboys and cattle drives originated in Ireland, some of the first Atari consoles were manufactured in Tipperary, Ireland, and the obvious clue: “Top o’ the morning to you!”

• Annica Cook says

That explains why one of the multiple choice questions yesterday was about the first theme VBS “The Wild and Wonderful Good News Stampeed.”

• Annica Cook says

Also the National Basketball Arena is located in Dublin, the same city as the Gorilla Rainforest. Basketball is an emerging sport in Ireland.

3. tammy says

Yeah, its looking more like Ireland to me too. Or even more than one country. Could it be Ireland 3D?

4. Nadine says

Sailing in Ireland possibly… still thinking treasure too… and Lamentations 3:15 – could be used to describe a sinking ship, but that would be too scary. So today, a lot of references to centuries, knights, anchors, sailing, and leaving “no stone unturned” – possible Blarney Stone – some kind of adventure in Ireland. But I would still love to see a focus on the Trinity .. But that photo clue today – no clue!!

5. Lisa says

Thinking that the title will consist of 3 words beginning with D, and DEFENDER being one of the words. Clues are leaning toward possibly Dublin, Ireland as a landing. Messages in a bottle were normally sent from castaways on islands…Ireland being an island. The cork in the bottle could hint to Cork, Ireland also.

6. Holly Cole says

I think there may be multiple destinations, perhaps by a time travelling ship, to different places / time periods. Maybe through a video game??