I cannot believe it’s already November and Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I have been trying to take the time to really think about the things I am thankful for this year. I am always thankful for my friends and family. Who knows where I would be without them? I am also thankful for my job and the people I work with. It is such an honor to be able to have a job where we are ministering to so many children through our VBS products. I’m also thankful for my church and my Sunday School kids. I teach preteens and they keep me on my toes every Sunday! What are you thankful for this year?
Darlene is thankful for:
• God, who loves me unconditionally!!
• Christian parents who raised me in a Christian home.
• A Christian husband who loves me, works hard for his family, and leads his family in serving God.
• Two daughters and a son-in-love who are running after God and doing God-sized things as they serve Him.
• Opportunity to work in a Christian organization with fellow Christians!
• Health for me and my family!
• Two precious foster grandchildren, who have filled our lives with joy since they have been in my daughter and son-in-love’s home, one in July, and one in September!
Joyce: First of all, I am thankful to have a job where I get to help teach boys and girls about Jesus. I’m also thankful for good health, close family, and great friends. I thank God that I live in a country where I can choose where I live, speak my mind without fatal consequences, worship as I please, and cast my vote for the people whom I think will best represent me and my beliefs. I thank God for sending Jesus to earth to offer me love, grace, and salvation and teach me how to share that love with others. I thank God that I have the assurance that I will one day be reunited with my precious parents in heaven. I will never be able to thank God for all the things He has given me. The song “Count your blessing, name them one by one. Count your blessing see what God has done” reminds us how many blessings we truly have. This is one of my favorite times of year.
Debbie: I’m so thankful for my sisters and my family! I’m also thankful for my parents–for their love, for all that they taught me, and for always being there for me. God is good. His blessings are great and many.
Mary: I’m thankful for a sweet church community and the spurring on in the Lord that they provide, pumpkin spice lattes, to be on the VBS team