VBS Mission Project Idea – Providing Beds to Orphans

Because Sunday, November 8th is Orphan Sunday, I wanted to let you know about a mission project opportunity that deals with helping orphans. Statistics say that there are more than 143,000,000 orphans in the world (some say up to 210,000,000), and as you are beginning to plan your Vacation Bible School, consider doing a mission project that will help meet the needs of these orphaned and abandoned children.

There are many organizations that do work to aid orphans around the world, but I want to let you know about one that was founded here in Middle Tennessee that is called Sweet Sleep. This non-profit organization was started by a friend of mine, Jen Gash, after she went on a mission trip to Moldova and saw the living conditions at the orphanage she visited.  The mission of Sweet Sleep is simple – to share God’s love by providing beds to the world’s orphaned and abandoned children.

This organization means so much to me because there is an orphanage in Moldova that I have been going to for the last 3 years, and Sweet Sleep has provided a bed for all of the children that I know and love from that orphanage. Sweet Sleep has provided beds for many of the orphanages in Moldova, and they are now working in Haiti and in Uganda.

Consider doing a “Build-a-bed” mission project for your 2010 VBS.  Their website provides information on how to do the project, plus resources like downloadable videos and craft project ideas.

Just to give you a glimpse of what they are doing in Uganda, here’s their latest video, which you can download here.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHI908twOA8]

Comments

1. Alice says

Thank you so much for the information. I think this is a great way to extend the love of Christ to other children. God Bless.

Dear brother, Greetings in the precious name of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.I am praying for you , your ministries and your family every day,I believe that God is watching your good deeds, HE will give you good reward for your great service of kingdom of heaven. I am doing ministry independently with dedicated work in India , our ministries are Gospel preaching,village evangelism,prayer for sick.
    I had been serve the ministry faithfully and prayerfully with the grace and blessings of our mighty God. I would like to serve orphans in our region,
    please pray for us and ministry. May God bless you all !

Pastor Thomas
    Thomas ministries
    Regd No. 590/07
    India

3. George kaizomlal M.div says

I am George Kaizomlal M.Div in india want to contact for VBS for 2010 please rush me soon to contact for this material.

George

Dear friends

Glory to god.

In the month of May we are going to VBS program for children. if you want you help and encourage the little ones by giving food. Cool drinks and snacks. if you help soo , I shall send the detail about it..

May god bless you all

Rev.Ramesh

Dear friends
    Glory to god.
    May god bless you all
    Rev Ravi. J.Robinson
    Lord Christ church
    Email : Pastor_robinsun@yahoo.in

Dear Ravi Robinson,

I am interested to know more about your organization and what would be the possibility to partner together.

I haave emailed you and do hope that you will get back to me.

May God continue to bless you for all you are doing to provide for orphans.

Peace and blessings,

Prosper Ndabishuriye

hello.

Glory to god.

thank you for your reply and pray.
    i am family and minsistry pray.

god bless you

pastor.

+91- 9345243560

I am interested in finding a mission project for our VBS.
    We are located in Odessa DE. Our program runs from June 21 – 25. Please feel free to email any inofrmation you can.

Sharan Duren

Dear Sharan

Glory to god.

Thank you for your reply and also informing us about your organization. I am doing ministry in India .you give us any project, we shall do. Like that for your projects, VBS and team We pray.

Please send your email id. and addrerss

Rev.Ramesh Timothy
    Apostolic Glory Mission Trust
    337, Indira Nagar,
    Virinchipuram- post,
    Sedhualai, Vellore- 632104,
    Tamil Nadu South India

Tel: 91- 9345243560
    Email : kramesh1974@gmail.com

Dear Kristin E Smith.

Glory to god.

Thank you for your reply and also informing us about your organization. I am doing ministry in India .you give us any project, we shall do. Like that for your projects, ministry and team. We pray.

Please send us the application from. I shall fill and send it.

Rev.Ramesh Timothy
    Apostolic Glory Mission Trust
    337, Indira Nagar,
    Virinchipuram- post,
    Sedhualai, Vellore- 632104,
    Tamil Nadu South India

Tel: 91- 9345243560
    Email : kramesh1974@gmail.com

11. KATO EMMANUEL says

CALVARY GREETINGS
    AM CALLED KATO EMMANUEL,OF, S.O.A.P :SUPPORT ORPHANS AID PROJECT , CONTAT ADDRESS:MAFUBIRA ZONE [A] P.O.BOX 1828 JINJA -UGANDA-EAST AFRICA , CELL+256777765100.
    ABOVE ALL, AM SEARCHING FOR DONORS FOR HELPING HANDS, THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE MAY HOLY GOD BLESS THE WORK OF YOUR HANDS AND HOPING TO READ YOU SOONEST, OR EMAIL:katoemmnauelbmw@yahoo.com.uk