Each year, R. Albert Mohler, Jr., President of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, contributes an article to Preaching Magazine in which he reviews some of the best books of the previous year. This year’s article focuses specifically on “10 books that deserve any preacher’s careful attention in the next several months.” If you’re by the LifeWay Campus Store at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in the coming weeks, be sure to check out these titles (most of them on sale for 40% OFF*).
- John M. Frame, Systematic Theological: An Introduction to Christian Belief (P&R Publishing, 2013). Sale – $29.99*
- Tom Nettles, Living by Revealed Truth: The Life and Pastoral Ministry of Charles Haddon Spurgeon (Mentor, 2013). Sale – $29.99*
- Michael J. Kruger, The Question of Canon: Challenging the Status Quo in the New Testament Debate (InterVarsity Press, 2013). Sale – $14.40*
- Thomas R. Schreiner, The King and His Beauty: A Biblical Theology of the Old and New Testaments (Baker Academic, 2013). Sale – $26.99*
- John S. Feinberg, Can You Believe It’s True?: Christian Apologetics in a Modern and Postmodern Era (Crossway Books, 2013). Sale – $24.00*
- Douglas J. Moo, Galatians, Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (Baker Academic, 2013). Sale – $26.99*
- Michael Horton, Pilgrim Theology: Core Doctrines for Christian Disciples (Zondervan, 2013). Sale – $20.99*
- John Elliot Gardiner, Bach: Music in the Castle of Heaven (Knopf, 2013). $35.00.
- Daniel Brook, A History of Future Cities (W.W. Norton & Company, 2013). $27.95.
- Cornelius Plantinga, Jr., Reading for Preachers: The Preacher in Conversation with Storytellers, Biographers, Poets, and Journalists (Eerdmans, 2013). Sale – $8.40*
*Reflects 40% off retail price. Sale price valid through 5-17-14 at the LifeWay Campus Store at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.