Encouragement for your home
The end of summer and the start of a new school year always brings a bit of chaos to our homes. We’re trying to figure out new routines, new schedules, and new challenges that our kids might be facing with the start of another year. Parents need an extra bit of encouragement to help guide their families during the craziness!
There are some great new books available at LifeWay Christian Stores that might be just what you need. Each are filled with biblical advice that will help you raise up your children in the Lord while praying for your own wisdom as well as the protection of your family.
Here are just a few of the new titles we have:
Do you feel like you’re the only mom who serves store-bought birthday treats, dreads school plays, and misses the days of going to the bathroom by herself?
unNatural Mom gives you permission to say that mothering doesn’t always come naturally to you. Parenting expert and self-proclaimed unnatural mom Hettie Brittz helps you…
- Recognize how unrealistic our culture’s standards of mothering are
- Move beyond the myths of “supermom”
- Complete the Parenting Style Assessment to determine your own parenting style
- Understand and forgive the mothers who hurt you
- Embrace your capabilities as well as your challenges
Come find new hope in discovering that every mother has unique gifts. In Christ, the “unnatural” mom becomes the supernatural mom who is just right for her family!
You have raised your children and now know the incredible joy of welcoming their children into your life. Being a grandparent is one of God’s greatest gifts. And loving and caring for your grandchildren not only blesses you but is also honoring to God. The best way to love your grandchildren is to pray for them.
In The Power of a Praying® Grandparent, bestselling author and speaker Stormie Omartian offers powerful suggestions to help you do just that as you
- pray for your grandchildren to be healthy, protected, smart, kind, wise, godly, and obedient so that they do not stray into enemy territory
- pray for yourself to be a powerful praying Grandma or Grandpa who understands what your grandchildren are facing in this world today and how you can best cover them spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically
- pray for your grandchildren’s parents to be led and enabled by God so they can be the wisest, most patient, and loving parents for their children
Being a praying grandmother or grandfather is not only one of the best gifts you can give your grandchildren, but their parents as well.
A Practical Guide to Preparing and Protecting Families from Spiritual Attack
Parents and grandparents long to protect their children, yet many don’t know how to fight spiritual battles for their kids. But you can win the battle on the home front!
In these pages you will be equipped to defend and fight for your family. You will learn what spiritual warfare is as it relates to your children as well as offensive tactics for how you can strike first through prayer and knowledge of God’s Word. Discover why you might be losing battles at home and weapons for waging war on behalf of your loved ones. Through personal and biblical stories, you will be empowered to recognize areas of vulnerability in your own family and keep your loved ones safe.
Scripture encourages adults to take an active role in discipling children, in making them students of Christ. Moms and dads, grandparents, and mentors are on the front line of helping the youngest to understand and trust God’s Word.
In Point Me to Jesus, author Tara McClary Reeves equips grown-ups with 365 quick lessons to be shared with their children. Each day begins with a key verse from the Bible. Reeves then uses stories and insights to help build a Christian worldview around the topics of who Jesus is, why He came, how He lived, how He wants us to live and share His love with others, and more. Every reading concludes with a question for reflection and discussion.
Psalm 127:3 declares that children are a reward from the Lord. Steward these treasures from heaven as you grow together in God’s Word and in passionate, obedient love for Jesus
Every Christian parent faces a daily dilemma: How can I bring up my children to be people of character in a culture that undermines my values?
Media and cultural expert Rebecca Hagelin knows how overwhelming it is to raise kids in today’s morally toxic environment. In this practical guidebook, she helps you:
- Learn how to battle the culture, not your child
- Know the difference between your principles and your preferences
- Understand how marketers target your children and how to keep them safe online
- Develop and follow your “mother’s intuition” and “father-knows-best” instincts
- Teach your children to be good stewards of money, time, and work
You must fight to protect your children’s innocence, their childhood, their character—and their future. It’s a battle worth fighting. And it’s a battle you can win.
What books have you found helpful in raising your family?