My husband and I are very much looking forward to spending some time this summer ALONE for our 10th anniversary. We’re hitting up a nice island with a beach and without our kids for a few days. I am excited about spending a lot of time reading.
Are you headed to the beach, too? Or at least a chair by the pool or in your backyard? If you’re looking for a nice, clean book for a summer read, here are some ideas.
- Pearl in the Sand or Harvest of Rubies by Tessa Afshar – These biblical retellings are some of my favorites now.
- A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet by Sophie Hudson – This Southern memoir will make you laugh and cry.
- The Amish Midwife by Leslie Gould and Mindy Starns Clark – If you like Amish fiction, you’ll love this one, the first in the Women of Lancaster County series.
- The Fourth Fisherman:How Three Mexican Fishermen Who Came Back from the Dead Changed My Life and Saved My Marriage by Joe Kissack – I haven’t read it, but this looks fascinating.
- The Paradise War by Stephen Lawhead – Christian science fiction.
- Charlotte Figg Takes Over Paradise by Joyce Magnin – I love Magnin’s vibrant characters, especially Charlotte Figg. Charlotte finds herself widowed and determines to make a new life for herself in a new place – a trailer park called Paradise.
What would you recommend for a good beach read?