To go along with Jennifer Holt’s article on being a social butterfly in the January issue, here are some extra resources for parents.
- The New Social Story Book, Revised and Expanded 10th Anniversary Edition: Over 150 Social Stories That Teach Everyday Social Skills to Children with Autism or Asberger’s Syndrome, and Their Peers by Carol Gray
- Dr. Mac’s Behavior Management Site
- You Are a Social Detective Interactive CD-ROM (ages 7-12)
- Superflex Takes on Glassman and the Team of Unthinkables (3rd-5th grade)
- “Parent Coaching” Skype sessions from Social Skills Central (45 minutes for $130 and up)
- Online scenarios from Disney Jr. at “Can You Teach My Alligators Manners?”