source: Calliope via Flickr Creative Commons
In the April issue I (Jessie) wrote an article with some recipes for using up the produce that is popping up this time of year: asparagus, beets, broccoli, carrots, kale, radishes, turnips, and spinach. I shared recipes for our favorite Tropical Green Smoothie, some biscuits enhanced with beets, roasted radishes, and my mother-in-law’s infamous broccoli salad. Here are 10 more recipes to try this Spring!
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata at Jessie Weaver – This is one I created for the magazine, but I decided it’s probably best for adventurous eaters!
- Strawberry-Beet Popsicles or Smoothies – Jessie Weaver
- Kid-Approved Kale and Walnut Pesto – Out-of-the-Box Food
- Super Kale Pops – Super Healthy Kids
- Mashed Carrots and Turnips – Bake Eat Repeat
- Carrot-Zucchini Pancakes – Finding Joy in My Kitchen
- Carrot, Beet, and Apple Salad – The Endless Meal
- Cucumber and Radish Salad – Jessie Weaver
- Spring Vegetable Gnocchi – Delish Knowledge
- Salmon and Asparagus in Foil – Cooking Classy
Do your kids eat vegetables? What’s your favorite of these spring veggies?