Mother’s Day is right around the corner. If you are a mom, maybe your family needs some Mother’s Day gift hints! Or maybe you are a dad trying to figure out something new and creative this year for your wife!
Maybe you will be inspired by the following ideas!
- A trip to a Bed and Breakfast. Every mom needs some time to relax and rejuvenate, and a great way to do that is to visit a bed and breakfast. Visit BnBFinder.com, to find a bed and breakfast package that is just right for Mom.
- Meals for Moms. In honor of your mom (or your wife) do something kind for a homebound senior mom. The Meals On Wheels Association of America (MOWAA) has just launched a new campaign called Meals for Moms to raise awareness of all the homebound senior moms facing the threat of hunger this Mother’s Day. You can send a free virtual bouquet of flowers to anyone (including a homebound senior mom) by visiting www.mealsformoms.org. If someone selects that their bouquet go to a Meals On Wheels client, those e-cards will be printed out and distributed by Meals On Wheels programs, along with any special messages written by the card creators.
- A World Vision Gift. When it comes to Mom’s priorities, children’s needs come first. What better way to honor Mom than by helping disadvantaged mothers provide for their children? World Vision Gift Catalog offers a variety of opportunities to assist mothers and their families in Haiti and around the world, by purchasing essential life-sustaining items. The World Vision Gift Catalog, located at www.worldvisiongifts.org, offers more than 100 poverty-fighting gifts ranging in price from $16 to $39,000 that can be purchased in the name of a mother, child, friend, or loved one.
- Make It and Take It. Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores will host a free Make It-Take It event in every store across the country on Saturday, May 8th from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Children will have the opportunity to make two projects – a “hand” made flower bouquet and a fingerprint card. While the kids are crafting their masterpieces for mom, dads can stroll the store to find many great gifts — sewing machines, scrapbooking albums, picture frames, yarn, and gift cards to name a few ideas. To find the location nearest you, log onto Joann.com.
- For more great Mother’s Day Gift ideas, be sure to check LifeWay stores. Stop by www.lifewaystores.com and browse their catalog "Mom: One Day Is Not Enough." You’ll find great products like books, music, and home decor.
If you are a mom, what have some of your favorite Mother’s Day gifts been? If you are not a mom, what are some creative ways you have honored your mother on Mother’s Day? Share your ideas with us!