While you’re trying to get your child to read this summer, why not slip in some books that will increase their faith as well as their reading level? Here are some ideas for books on every level.
Babies and Toddlers
- God Loves Me More Than That by Dandi Daley Mackall
- If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart by Jill Roman Lord
- Stories Jesus Told (Lift the Flap) by Mark Littleton
- Gigi, God’s Little Princess and Will, God’s Mighty Warrior by Sheila Walsh
- Miss Fannie’s Hat by Jan Karon
- The Parable of the Lily (and the Pumpkin Patch Parable and all the other Parable books) by Liz Curtis Higgs
- Don’t Worry about Tomorrow by Melody Carlson
- The Prayer That Makes God Smile by Stormie Omartian
- Mrs. Rosey-Posey and the Fine China Plate by Robin Jones Gunn
- The Big Red Tractor and the Little Village by Francis Chan
- God Thinks You’re Wonderful by Max Lucado
- The Whale Tells His Side of the Story by Troy Schmidt
- Princess Gabby Girl and the Sparkly Dress by Camille Battaglia
- The Desperate Diva Diaries by Angie Spady
- Yuzi’s False Alarm by Dannah K. Gresh
- the Christy Miller series (middle school and older) by Robin Jones Gunn
- On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness by Andrew Peterson
Maybe that will help you jump-start some summer reading? I love that we have so much Christian media – books, TV shows, movies, music – that helps us reinforce biblical truth.
What’s one of your favorite Christian kids books?