The Perfect Road Trip Accessory Every Family Needs This Summer

The summer looms ahead, and with it we find families everywhere preparing for that American tradition: the summer road trip.

I remember road trips from my childhood. I spent many hours in the backseat, reading a book while out the window I could see towering redwood trees, canyon walls, or the reflection of the ocean in the windows. The first hour of a trip can be exciting, but we all know that soon boredom kicks in and the whining begins.

If you are looking for a way to entertain your entire family this summer on that long road trip, check out Radio Theatre’s Chronicles of Narnia from Focus on the Family.

Radio Theatre Chronicles of Narnia Set

Focus on the Family’s Radio Theatre has been entertaining and enriching the lives of both young and old for decades. From timeless classics like The Christmas Carol to C. S. Lewis’s The Screwtape Letters, Radio Theatre makes the stories come alive and real to a whole new generation of listeners. Radio Theatre isn’t just storytelling or a recorded book. It’s an audio movie that plays on the biggest screen of all: your imagination. Enjoying world-class actors, cinema-quality sound, and an orchestral score, your entire family will be enthralled and your car ride will pass in no time.

The entire set of the Chronicles of Narnia is available now on CD in a beautiful package perfect to keep in your car for hours of fun.

Want to win a set from Tyndale House and ParentLife? Enter using the Rafflecopter form below!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Comments

1. Donna Kellogg says:

We try to make sure the kids are entertained to keep the trip more quiet.

2. Vanessa Madrigal says:

We often go to Austin to see my grandma. My son loves road trips! 🙂

3. Rom Kruse says:

my favorite trip was when we all went camping and my daughter was the only one to catch fish (12), she was only 7 at the time and showed us all up.

4. karen mayernick says:

I’m hoping it is going to be next month! I’m taking my 8 year old camping to upper Michigan. Just him and me! Hoping to bond and make it a trip of his lifetime!

5. Tasha Wilkerson says:

We drive to California to visit my husbands mom. We try to drive a different route each time to find new fun places.

6. My favorite family road trip was from NY all the way out to AZ as a little girl!

7. Jake Roberson says:

When I was on a road trip with my family as a kid, we were pulled over in another state (not for anything serious, thankfully) and the state trooper noticed the case for our set of Radio Theatre’s Narnia production. He asked about it excited and explained that his kids loved the books, but that he hadn’t been able to find a good audio version for their road trips. We happily told him where to find them and he thanked us and sent us on our merry way. Chillest traffic stop ever. 🙂

8. We took a road trip just last week and we both very much regretted not have any books on CD!

9. What a great story to listen to. Audio books do indeed play “on the biggest screen of all: your imagination.”

10. Stacey Grantham says:

My most recent favorite road trip was driving 5 hours to Pensacola, FL to watch my son graduate ABE school in the Navy. We were able to pick him and his things up and bring him home for a week. After that, he had to fly out to Norfolk..my Airman.

11. Melinda says:

My mom would love these!

12. Carol Kurtz says:

Loved reading these books when I was young, this will be great!

13. Love these dramas! Definitely great road trip material 🙂

14. Best road trip for my family was always to our cabin at the lake , a two hour drive where we sang all of the children’s songs that we knew as well as American folk songs. Fun fun times

15. Stacey Grantham says:

I loved the movies, every girl’s dream to step in to another world.