Your child is at a great age to help with holiday baking and cooking. As you enjoy time in the kitchen together, be sure to teach your child these food safety tips.
• Cook meats and poultry fully and wash raw fruits and vegetables thoroughly, because raw foods often carry bacteria.
• Everyone handling food should wash his or her hands frequently and thoroughly.
• Always use a clean spoon to sample food.
• Thaw meat and poultry in the refrigerator, not on the countertop.
• Keep raw foods and cooked foods separated; use separate utensils for each of them.
Check back this week as we share two great recipes to make with your kids!