source: Sean Dreilinger
You never know what your kids might find interest in doing. Here are 20 surprising things they might try – and be great at!
- Painting. Try a local painting studio. Many have popped up in recent years.
- Fencing. Epee, anyone?
- Cooking. Many school districts offer chef classes now.
- Musical instruments. Most school districts offer free instruction via band programs.
- Writing. Here’s a link to the National Novel Writers Month for youth.
- Architecture. Here’s a software program just for kids.
- Anatomy. Here’s a journey into the human body.
- Geography. Have kids aim for the National Geography Bee.
- Lacrosse is a sport that’s booming in recent years.
- Fashion design. Try out this free site.
- Gardening. Here’s a listing of resources.
- Knitting. Here’s a how-to.
- Video production. Your child can make money at this hobby!
- Ballroom dancing. There are always community classes for this.
- Coaching. Have your child volunteer under a good coach.
- Frisbee golf. An affordable and fun sport.
- Photography. Local community colleges offer classes, and with today’s digital SLRs, learning is a snap.
- Graphic design. Kids might show affinity toward making t-shirts, designing web banners, creating logos.
- Social justice. Contact your church for local ministries that feed the homeless.
Do your kids have any unique hobbies?
Mary DeMuth is a storyteller, author, mother, wife, and sometimes tri-athlete.