In the May 2011 issue, our article "Looking for a Safety Net?" talks about the kind of mom friends you need in your life.
If you can’t find a way to meet regularly with friends, at least take time to read their blogs! There are tons of great mom Web sites out there to help you network and remind yourself you are not in this alone. Here are a few of our favorite Mom “reads” in book and Web site form.
- Christian Mommies
- Moms of Faith™
- Just Moms
- Heavenly Homemakers
- Mom Seriously
- Impress Your Kids
- What Every Mom Needs by Elisa Morgan and Carol Kuykendall (Zondervan, 2006)
- Taking Care of the Me in Mommy by Lisa Whelchel (Thomas Nelson, 2007)
- God Thinks You’re Wonderful, Mom! by Max Lucado (Thomas Nelson, 2008)
- Real Moms … Real Jesus by Jill Savage (Moody, 2009)
- Chasing Superwoman by Susan M. DiMickele (David C. Cook, 2010)
Do you have a favorite mom blog or book about being a mom? I would be remiss if I didn’t mention my own imperfect-mom blog, Vanderbilt Wife. Hope you’ll pay me a visit! – Jessie