The high today is 68 degrees in Bowling Green, Kentucky. This makes my heart so very happy. I’m throwing the windows open, lighting a pumpkin spice candle and listening to the sounds of children playing in the yard.
There is just something about the freshness of a new season that just makes everything, for a moment, seem okay. Those bills piling up on your desk? Yeah, they can totally wait. That to-do list of yours? Not today, my friend. This day is for refreshing your spirit and reflecting on the goodness of your God.
25 Ways to Refresh Your Spirit
- Warm some apple cider on the stove.
- Open all of the windows in your home.
- Listen to the sounds of nature.
- Eat lunch outside.
- Visit a pumpkin patch.
- Stretch out on the ground and watch the clouds.
- Play some music.
- Light a candle.
- Rearrange the furniture.
- Write in a journal.
- Count your blessings.
- Bake some bread.
- Take a walk.
- Just breathe.
- Go to a park and sit on a swing.
- Sing an old hymn.
- Write a note to an old friend.
- Take some silly pictures of your kids.
- Take some silly pictures of yourself.
- Cook something you normally only make on special occasions.
- Tell someone that you love them.
- Take a break from social media.
- Have ice cream for lunch.
Stacy Edwards (@sjedwards) is a trucker’s daughter and a pastor’s wife. She is a freelance writer and a homeschooling mom to four fabulous little girls. Stacy blogs at Servant’s Life where she uses her words to point others to the hope and encouragement found in Christ. If you need her, she’s probably hiding in the bathroom.