To better enable LifeWay WordPress users each site comes pre-installed with video user manuals featuring over 30 video tutorials. In addition to the videos a comprehensive online manual with over 100 pages is also available. This well-written and comprehensive manual covers every aspect of WordPress’s functionality in a non-technical and easy language. Due to the nature of the licensing of these videos and the functionality of the plugin they are only accessible within the backend of a WordPress site.
This resource is intended to answer common / basic questions in regards to WordPress so we ask all users to review the videos / manual before submitting a support form request.
Access / View the Videos
I have a site / access:
You can access the videos by clicking on the “Manual” section of the left side navigation at the bottom.
I don’t have a site / access:
You can go to the LW Sandbox site and access the backend. Once you are logged in click on the “Manual” section of the left side navigation at the bottom.
View the Manual / PDF
New / Custom Videos
The LifeWay WP Team will developing additional videos for specific actions / unique work flow processes over time. If you are unable to find an answer within the current videos and your support request we will develop a video (if needed) which will be made available to the entire LifeWay WP user base. Since these videos are developed by LifeWay we will be able to post them to Blog Central.
List of Videos
- Gallery – How to Use NextGen Gallery
- Vimeo – How to upload and embed
- The Dashboard – This is a general overview of how your dashboard works.
- The Admin Bar – How the admin bar works.
Getting To Know The Editor
- The Toolbar – An overview of the different formatting icons inside the toolbar of a page or post.
- Paste From Word – How to paste content into your page or post from a word document to without have formatting issues.
- Add A Heading – How to add a heading to your page or post.
- Add A Paragraph – How to add a paragraph in your page or post using the kitchensink toolbar.
- Edit Text – How to edit or format the text contents of your page or post.
- Hyperlinks – How to add an internal or external link to your website (3.1 style!).
- Lists – How to make a list on your page or post, and the difference between ordered lists and un-ordered lists.
- Embed Video – How to embed an video directly to your page or post.
- Distraction-Free Writing – The new distraction free writing feature.
- Add Image From Media Library – How to add an image to your page or post.
- Add Image From Computer – How to add an image from your computer to a page or post.
- Add Image From URL – How to add an image to your page for post from another website.
- Delete Image- How to delete an image from your page or post.
- Edit Image – How to edit an image whilst your inside your page or post. This includes alignment, title and more.
- Replace Image – How to replace an existing image inside your page or post.
- Image Editor – How to use the image editor and how to start editing an image.
- Rotate and Flip Images – Overview of the editing icons and other functionality that will be useful in editing an image.
- Crop and Scale Images – How to crop an image using the image editor
- Featured Image – How to use the featured image.
- Add New Page – How to add a new page to your WordPress site.
- Trash A Page – How to remove a post or page. Temporarily remove the post and store them all to the trash bin.
- Restore A Page – How to restore a post or page after you have placed it in the trash.
- Media Library – The purpose of a Media Library, how it works and the important features.
- Add Media – How to add or upload a media file from your computer to WordPress media section
- Add New Post – This will teach you steps on how to add a new post to your WordPress site.
- Categories – Overview of the purpose of categories.
- Tags – The purpose of tags explained and how to make tags for each page or post.
- Trash A Post – How to remove a post or page. Temporarily remove the post and store them all to the trash bin.
- Restore A Post – How to restore a post or page after you have placed it in the trash.
- QuickPress – How to use QuickPress.
- Comments – Overview of the purpose of comments.
- Link Categories – How to group your links.
- Add Links – How to manage links from your website to other website.
- Edit Links – How to add and edit links on you page or post.
- Change Your Password – How to change your password.