As group members determine their own non-negotiables, share this information from LifeWay Research Professing Christians progressing toward spiritual maturity have a firmer grasp on important doctrinal positions.
- 71% agree that God is just and sin has to be punished.
- 58% disagree that a person sincerely seeking God can obtain eternal life through another religion besides Christianity.
- 75% disagree that the God of the Bible is no different from any other gods or spiritual beings.
- 82% agree that the Bible is the written Word of God and totally accurate in all that it teaches.
- Why do you think a person’s belief about these statements reflects his spiritual maturity?
- What does the way a person expresses these convictions say about his spiritual maturity?
We want to hear from you! What things did the boomers in your class or small group discover about how they can stand their ground in certain conflicts?