To conclude your Bible study and discussion, consider assigning this video as “homework” for the women in your group. It is a 45 minute clip from a women’s conference in which the theme verse was Matthew 11:28—”Come to me all who are weary, and I will give you rest.” If you choose to show a part of the video, the first 8 minutes or so is a skit of a woman trying to juggle all the different hats she has to wear. If you do not see the video below, click here to view the video on YouTube.
- “A woman’s work is never done” is a very popular proverb. Why does this feel true to you? Why must a Christian’s work be done on a weekly basis?
- Can you describe a vacation that was anything but restful? Why?
- What pressures you to avoid rest?
- Are there some simple ways you have reorganized/rethought your home, work and family life to provide rest in the past? Will you share those?
Here are some alternatives to the questions in the Personal Study Guide to help you customize the session for your group:
- Substitute Question Idea for Question 3: Why is rest often looked down upon in the corporate world?
- Substitute Question Idea for Question 4: When thinking about glorifying God, we tend to think about action; is taking a Sabbath rest action or inaction? Explain.
We want to hear from you! What decisions have the women in your group made that have given them more rest over time?