Here are the magazine articles that were selected to go along with this session:
- For Users of Bible Studies For Life: Adults, Bible Studies For Life: Young Adults, and Bible Studies For Life: Adults (KJV)—A Sanctuary in Time
- For users of Bible Studies For Life: Senior Adults— Disciplines to Slow Down By
- Ronnie Floyd’s blog post, Thanking God For Rest
By the way, if you are wondering what to do with these articles, check out this post from Ken Braddy, manager of LifeWay’s Magazines and Devotions: 4 Ways to use Magazine Articles in your Group
And, here are some of the Leader Extras that were developed to help you customize this session for various kinds of groups. Even if you aren’t teaching one of these groups, browse here for ideas you may be able to use with your group.
- For Men: Discussion of New York Times article about the importance of rest and relaxation
- For Parents: Discussion of Mercy Me song, “Word of God Speak”
- For Singles/Young Adults: Discussion of finding work/life balance as a single
- For Women: “Homework”: view Women Living Well webcast
- For Boomers: Discussion of Hobby Lobby’s “closed on Sundays” policy (video interview with founder)
- Current Events Connection: Discussion of companies that encourage napping at work
- Additional Questions: This is a new feature we have added to the blog. Please let us know if this is helpful to you.