Consider printing a copy of each of these articles and distributing them to small groups for discussion. Some of these are from Christian sources, others are from secular sources. Give each group a few minutes to discuss their article, with the following questions in mind:
- Is the advice given in this article consistent with the Bible? If not, what, specifically, is inconsistent?
- Is this advice realistic? What would you add to it, based on your own experiences as a parent?
- Is this advice just for children, or is it helpful for you as an adult as well?
Here are the articles:
- Teaching Kids to Learn from Failure (from Parenting.com)
- Failure is an option (from parents.com)
- Can you Overpraise Your Child? (from theguardian.com)
- How to Deal With Disappointment (sheknows.com)
We want to hear from you! How will you help the parents in your group discuss and apply the truths of this session?