This is the free Student devotional for Honest to God 1: Is Every Life Sacred?
Review the last three days and reflect on the greatness of God as Creator. Thank the Creator of the universe for meeting with you today.
Circle the things that your friends and classmates base their value on:
- Academic success
- Musical talent
What’s the problem on basing your value on these kinds of things? What should you base your value on?
Look over Genesis 1:26-31. Then, consider verses 26-27 below. Underline the key word or phrase that appears in both verses.
26Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, all the earth, and the creatures that crawl on the earth.”
27So God created man in His own image; He created him in the image of God; He created them male and female.
Your value as a person rests on the truth that you are uniquely created in the image of God for His purpose. Don’t base your worth on your successes or failures. Find your value in Him.
• For further study, read and study Psalm 8.
• Take time to reflect on the thought that the Creator of the universe uniquely created you in His image. What is significant about being made in His image?
• Journal a prayer of thanks to God for creating you for His purpose.
Behind the Story
Several things in Genesis 1:26-31 point to the creation of man as being God’s crowning achievement. For example:
• It is the final act of creation, thus the most important.
• “Let us make” is a personal phrase, as opposed to the impersonal “Let there be . . . ” used elsewhere.
• God’s creation of man contains more description than the rest of creation.
• Human life is the only kind of life created in God’s image and given authority to rule.
If you liked this devotion find out how to get more from our website HERE.