Sometimes there are fights that just won’t go away. Internationally, the Syrian conflict is one of those. Click Here to review the highlights. Introduce parents to the topic “A Fight You Can’t Win By Yourself” by discussing Syria, or some other major world conflict:
- What are some of the underlying issues that make this conflict one that seems impossible to solve?
- In what ways do you have an ongoing conflict with your kids? What are some of the underlying reasons they can’t be solved? What role does your faith play in this struggle? What role should it play?
- In what ways do parents battle ongoing sin? How are we supposed to “give it to God” when we feel overwhelmed?
Substitute the following question for Question 2 in the Personal Study Guide:
- How have you seen a similar tug-of-war in your children? In yourself? How can your honesty help your kids learn to handle this situation?
Substitute the following question for Question 4 in the Personal Study Guide:
- What methods or approaches have you used to help your kids overcome their sinful tendencies? How many of them include Jesus?
We want to hear from you! How are you introducing the topic of struggling with sin with the parents in your class or small group?